Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Blog of Bosh: The Title...

My family has an odd sense of humor. It is difficult to understand it at times and outsiders generally give regular odd stares when joining a party or gathering of the Lindsay household. My husband lucked out. He too has an odd sense of humor and fits in very well. My family started a running joke when we first started dating that it was impossible to see the one without the other and decided that we were an entity and not a couple. They decided we needed one name instead of two to make it easier. Thus the name Bosh was born. You see, Bosh is a combination of my first name, Beth, and my husband's first name, Josh. It was certainly the best of the name options that were thrown out, since suggestions included things like: Jeth and Bethua.

When we decided to start a blog we determined that the name had to be as full of as much nonsense as we are. We lucked out! I googled the name "Bosh" and discovered that in 1846 Edward Lear had published a book entiled, "A Book of Bosh." My first though was that it was a cool name and thought to use it as the title of this blog. It got even better though as I researched the book! It turns out that in the 1800's "bosh" acutally meant "nonsense"... What luck! Josh and I are always full of nonsense! It only made sense to name our blog after a book that was written by another author that was full of sillyness. From this, we named our blog, "A Blog of Bosh" and plan to fill it with sillyness.

Brace yourselves for a blog full of BOSH!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the name and can't wait to read future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! I love the blogging world! LOVE the combines name. It doesn't quiet work with our names. But we do call our dogs Toblenore. ( Toby and Eleanor) I am excited to keep up with you. You are a talented writer- love the post about your job. I didn't realize what you were doing for work . It sounds hard. But rewarding. My husband and I are looking to foster/ adopt- so we would be on the other side of your job. Its interesting to see your view on things!
    ok- enough for now.
    -Rani.

    ReplyDelete